Hunter Podiatry is open! We also offer Telehealth appointments.
Did you know Hunter Podiatry offers online consulting? Video consults with your podiatrist are a fantastic way to manage your foot and lower-leg pain from your home. Online consultations are an efficient way for our Podiatrists to diagnose your problem, create an individualised treatment plan and work with you to get results.
Online consultations are a great way to get you back on your feet following an injury or to help you manage your pain.
Who is Podiatry Online ideal for? People who:
- Want to save time and have the convenience of access to expert Podiatry in their own home.
- Would like access to Podiatrists who may not be available in the area they live in.
- Are unable to attend the clinic location due to extenuating circumstances.
- Are restricted by injury or disability which makes it difficult to attend an appointment.
- Have been given a diagnosis, but would like further guidance or explanation surrounding their injury.
- Want a second opinion from one of our expert Podiatrists.
- Live overseas, rural or in a remote area.
What to expect
Once you have joined a video call for Podiatry online, the Podiatrist will ask you questions around your health, occupation, weekly routine etc before diving into the specifics of your injury/condition. With your help, we will use tests and exercises to work out exactly what is sore.
From there we can form a treatment plan specific to you and your needs. Footwear advice, tips and tricks, rehabilitation exercises and can organise a face-to-face consult if need be.
What conditions can we treat?
Some insurers are covering online podiatry consults, which is great and we expect more to come to the party. It is best to check with your insurer whether this applies to you.
Yes! If you have a Telehealth specific EPC referral from your GP we can process the payment for you and you’ll receive your medicare rebate into your account, NO GAP.
DVA is covered too!
Computer or phone with a camera (we will send you links and info so you can test everything before we get going). Some space to do some exercises, some clothes that are easy to move in. Any scans or information that you believe may be relevant to your injury/pain. Shoes you wear casually, for work and exercise/sport.
No, we are able to see clients without a referral privately. If you have private health insurance that covers podiatry online consults we can claim for you. You should check your level of cover with your insurer.